for Linsey Davis
The Smallest Spot of a Dot [NEW!]
The Little Ways We're Different. The Big Ways We're The Same.
Using child-friendly language, this playful picture book explains how genetics make each person unique and celebrates how we are more alike than different and are all part of the human race. In The Smallest Spot of a Dot: The Little Ways We’re Different, The Big Ways We’re the Same Linsey Davis, bestselling children’s author, Emmy-winning correspondent, and host for ABC News encourages children to find their own unique dot with sweet, rhyming prose.
”Only .1% of our genes make us uniquely who we are. We are 99.9% identical, alike, the same—equal. This book is 100% about that truth.”
Combining whimsical rhymes and Lucy Fleming’s engaging art, The Smallest Spot of a Dot is:
* An inspiring story of connection, equality, and acceptance
* Multicultural, multiracial children’s picture book that recognizes our similarities and our uniqueness
* Great for classroom use as children explore genetics, DNA, and individuality
* The perfect read-aloud for kids ages 4–8
* A unique gift for birthdays and holidays, or a back-to-school treat
Linsey Davis is also the author of The World Is Awake, One Big Heart, Stay This Way Forever, and How High Is Heaven.